Since 1995, Crossroads has been a hospice care leader providing quality end-of-life care to patients with terminal illnesses. With strong traditional, digital and brand expertise, Tag Strategies, the brand strategy firm/agency of record for Crossroads, brought on CBM to extend brand awareness and outreach to the social media universe. Since 2011, this effort has helped reach more than 1.5 million people on social media.
CBM created a comprehensive strategy that allowed Crossroads to build a digital community of supporters, staff, medical professionals, volunteers, caregivers and patient families. This strategic guide included a competitive review of the hospice and healthcare industries, recommendations by specific social platform, content opportunities and influencer outreach strategies for the complex healthcare environment.
A key result of the research and discovery was the need for an internal social media coordinator. CBM consulted on recruiting, hiring and training of this critical social media specialist, who is focused on curating content from 11 locations in 7 states.
Along with an aggressive platform to develop content culled from internal experts and external thought leaders, CBM worked with Tag to develop social advertising campaigns and interactive engagements to support the marketing goals of the organization. Testing cross-platform messages and campaigns led to the discovery of the perfect digital avenues to promote Crossroads’ services. And with some innovative creativity, the team developed digital campaigns that proved the topic of hospice indeed does have a place on social media.
These social channels have become a window into the Crossroads culture of “doing more,” and has served as opportunities to directly interact with the families of current, former and future patients.
- Advertising campaign reaches health care professionals, volunteers and consumers.
- The Page Like campaigns consistently grow the Crossroads community on Facebook by hundreds of likes. On Twitter, promote tweets receive between 20K and 40K impressions.
Social engagement has driven the following:
- Hospice Hotline: More than a million impressions in just a month
- Real Heroes Wear Dog Tags: showcased CRH’s commitment to veterans and elevated the editorial coverage
- Twitter Heart Chat: tapped into a community that isn’t typically vocal on Twitter and showed thought leadership
- Caring More Awards Social Component: More than a thousand votes!
Crossroads social media successes come through their commitment to reaching healthcare professional and positioning CRH as a thought leader. The goals of CRH’s overall marketing plan are to dispel myths about hospice and the high-level content that is pushed out daily from ALL their social accounts does so in a way that is challenging, smart and innovative.