Vine is one year old already? I feel like it just came out.
Happy first birthday to Vine! The popular 6-second-video app was released January 24th 2013, and you won’t believe how people are using it to their advantage.
Wait. Refresh my memory, What is Vine?!
Well to put it in their words…
“Posts on Vine are about abbreviation – the shortened form of something larger. They’re little windows into the people, settings, ideas and objects that make up your life. They’re quirky, and we think that’s part of what makes them so special.”
Translation – You have 6 seconds to make a video and get your message across. However, you have the option to stop recording, wait (or change location) and continue recording until you fill up your 6 seconds. Oh and it plays on loop – basically gif (graphics interchange format) style.
Is anyone even using this app?
A lot. There are more than 40 million users – so let me walk you through on the who’s who in the Vineosphere.
Urban Outfitters – Hey neighbors, can I try that on please
General Electric – 6 seconds of science, my mind is blown
Jack and Jack – Who knew nerds could be so damn funny
Tyra Banks – We can now smize in 6 seconds or less
KingDaddy – Basically why am I not a part of this family
And about 39,999,995 more…
OMG totes downloading RIGHT now! But Can You Explain How To Vine?
Thought you’d never ask. It is quite simple you see. Once you download the free app, all you have to do is the hit record button. So lemme break it down for you:
- If you have a Twitter – you can sign in with that (If not, sign up with email – but seriously maybe it’s time to get a Twitter)
- Next, hit the video icon in the top right corner
- Now all you have to do is hold your finger on the screen to record
- To stop, just lift your finger up
- Repeat until 6 seconds are filled
- NOW YOU JUST MADE YOUR FIRST VINE!
So like what is the benefit of having a Vine, because I need to make room on my iPhone apparently?
Don’t you hate when your iPhone says “not enough storage to download”, it’s the worst. So anyway, casino back to Vine talk. There are many greats things about Vine – so I compiled it in a list for you below.
- Contests – Sign me up!
- Showing off new fashion – Hello spring season wear
- Discounts – Any dollar savings helps, #millennials (yes you can hashtag on here, this is a Twitter owned app)
- How to do it / Did you know videos – UM NO?!
- Educational – Who needs student loans when you got Vine
- LMAO in 6 seconds – Better than any coffee pick-me-up
- Creativity – Will leave you thinking “Why didn’t I come up with that?”
Can you wrap it up please; my mind can’t handle much more.
Yes, yes! So incase you skimmed through the entire blog (rude), here it is in a nutshell. You can capture a lot in 6 seconds – don’t be fooled by another app that allows 15 seconds#notnamingnames! Businesses, celebs, and basically all of your friends are sharing their vines and making an impact. Some symptoms you may experience while on Vine include, but not limited to: many laughs, OMGs, head exploding moments, boost of knowledge, light bulb going off, and satisfaction of I-Now-Know-How-To! So join in on the fun and express your creativity.
Do you have a favorite Vine? Make me laugh or make me smart and show me @craigjay_