It’s that time again – the 2nd annual Charity Flip Cup Tournament is happening April 17th at 8pm! Flip cuppers from all over will bring their a-game at Field House, until one team has out flipped ‘em all! ChatterBlast, specifically our #TeamChatterBlast, is delighted to be part of this event AGAIN, this year with our friends from Mazeppa Productions. Check out last year’s pics and you will see why we LOVE this event.
If you suffered from a case of FOMO ‘cause you were absent, now is your chance to get in. Rally up your best team of 5 and start practicing! But before game-day, you might have a few questions…Here’s what you need to know.
What is Flip Cup and how do I play?
Are you from another country? Did you not go to college? Well virgin, watch THIS and learn.
How many people can play on a team?
UNLIMITED! Bring your whole family or fraternity/sorority/fire company … But, only 5 people per team can play during a match. So split into two teams or have alternates.
If we aren’t playing, but on a team can we still drink?
Yes! Everyone can drink even if they are sitting out a game. Don’t worry, we won’t keep you from your brew. But, only people who purchased the PLAYER option drink. Voyeurs are just watchin’…
I am new to town, and rather shy… I want to play but I didn’t get a team together….
Sign up as an individual and we’ll be able to place you. It’ll give you a chance to meet new people and form a team for next year’s event!
Can I have more than 5 people on my team?
Didn’t we answer this above? Yes!
I don’t want to play but I would like to still come and support?
Yes! There is a $10 spectator ticket for you voyeurs. That has your name on it.
What should I wear?
Beer is going to be everywhere, so where something that you wouldn’t mind gettin’ a little wet. However, note that there is an award for best team outfit! Come looking sweet!
Will tickets be available at the door?
Sort of… The only tickets available at the door will be for spectators. All team participants must purchase their tickets in advance.
How is it decided which team will be the winner of a match?
Each team will square off in a “Best Out Of Three”…. Unless your really quick, then you can do “Best Out online casino Of Five”.
If we lose our first game, are we out of the tournament?
We believe everyone deserves a second chance – which why we’re doing this tournament double elimination style. Try not to lose twice ;).
Can you tell me more about this double elimination?
Gladly! A double-elimination tournament means every team is guaranteed to play at least twice – because you”re not out of the tournament until you lose two games.
- Everyone starts in the Winner”s Bracket. If you never lose, you win the Winner”s Bracket.
- If you do lose, you get knocked into the Loser”s Bracket. If you lose in the Loser”s Bracket (your second loss), you”re out of the tournament.
- The winner of the Winner’s Bracket (the only undefeated team) will play the winner of the Loser’s Bracket (one loss). They will face off in at least one, or as many as two, “Best Of Three” matches. Here’s why:
- If the winner of the Winner’s Bracket wins the first game, then it’s all over. They have remained undefeated and they just gave the only other remaining team their second loss, thereby knocking them out of the Loser’s Bracket and, therefore, the tournament.
- If the winner of the Loser’s Bracket wins the first game then each team has one loss, but neither has two. They would play a second “Best Of Three” game and one of them would end up with a second loss, and therefore, be out of the tournament.
So, if my team is out do we still enjoy the event?
If you paid the money, you get the deal! We’ll have various tables set up for fun so you can continue to play flip cup all night long against other teams, enjoying your free beer!
What does the winning team receive?
A gorgeous Trophy and bragging rights for the entire year! Adulation of your peers, and the inner-warmth of knowing you’re the best.
Want in on the action?
Below is last year’s 2nd place team, the Ladies In Red – back this year for REDEMPTION?
Still want to know something? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org